Easy Marinated Baked Salmon
Quick brown sugar, peppercorn, ginger marinade that leaves the salmon sweet and savory and fork tender!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 6 tbsp ginger, fresh buy the store-bought
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp all spice, ground
- 1/2 cup peppercorns, whole
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 salmon fillet prefer sockeye salmon
Line a large rimmed baking sheet or a casserole pan with foil. Add all ingredients into medium saucepan and heat over medium heat. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and all ingredients well incorporated. Let cool. Place salmon in baking dish and pour marinade on top and make tent with foil and refigerate. Let it marinate for 2 up to 24 hours.
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and bake for 12-15 minutes until you see a white foam film form. Remove and let it rest for 5 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!
- If you don't like ginger you could replace it with finely chopped garlic.
- Add lime zest or orange zest to the marinade for a little citrus flavor.