Tandoori pasta is a thing as of 2023! Why not?!? The tandoori is cooked in with aromatics of onion and garlic in a rich tomato sauce finished with cream and that good old parmesan cheese tossed with penne pasta! So addicting you will be tempted to eat the whole pan!
Need some MSA’s Tandoori seasoning?!?! Click here to purchase!
- Tomato paste Tomato paste Tomato paste: adds a richness that compliments the tandoori so well!
- Tomato puree is best, however if you can’t find then tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes can work (may be a lighter sauce so use a tad more tomato paste for more in depth flavor.
- Substitute heavy cream for full fat greek yogurt or coconut cream for healthier and/or vegan alternative.
- If you like a little heat add red pepper flakes and if not skip it!
- Finish with my red wine sea salt for the ultimate experience!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- salt to taste
- 2 cups tomato puree Muir glen brand
- 1-2 tsps. MSA's tandoori spice blend
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup heavy cream yogurt or coconut milk if vegan
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- parsley for garnish
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- MSA's red wine sea salt, optional highly recommended!
- Start by bringing a pot of water to a boil, and cook pasta until al dente. Reserve some of the pasta water, then drain and rinse cooked pasta under cold water. Tip: add a little olive oil to avoid sticking together.
- While cooking pasta, heat up a tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add onion in and saute until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 tsp to a tsp of salt.
- Add in tomato paste and cook for 30-60 seconds to release the flavor. Add tomato puree, seasonings, salt, maple syrup to balance the acidity (or honey or sugar). Cook for 8 minutes on low heat. Add in cream, parmesan cheese, and the reserved pasta water.
- Taste and season accordingly. Add the penne pasta and stir until well coated. Serve in individual bowls or plates and garnish with parsley, parmesan cheese, and MSA's red wine sea salt! You are welcome! Bon Appetit!