Tandoori chicken wings for the big win at your super bowl party! They are smoky, sweet, zesty paired with a cilantro blue cheese dip! The perfect flavor bomb!
- Be sure to marinate the chicken wings for at least 1 hr. up to 24 hrs.
- I prefer to roast them in the oven vs. air fryer because can cook more at once and provides a deeper flavor, however you can totally use the air fryer to cook in small batches! (directions below).
- Not a fan of blue cheese then pair with ranch dressing or a yogurt cilantro yogurt dip.
Tandoori Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs. chicken wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup whole plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp. tandoori twist
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted or olive oil
- cilantro, lime for garnishing
Blue Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt or mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1-2 tbsp. milk or buttermilk I used unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp lime, freshly squeezed or lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and pat dry the chicken wings. Mix the marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the chicken wings and mix well. Cover and let it marinate for 1 hr. up to 24 hrs.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange the chicken wings on a lined sheet pan on top of a wire wrack that is sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 60 minutes and turn to broil for a few minutes for charcoal color. Put into a bowl and add the melted ghee or butter or olive oil, lime juice, the 1 tsp of tandoori twist, and cilantro. Serve on a platter with the blue cheese dipping sauce.
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- Place all ingredients in a blender, food processor, or use an immersion blender to blend mixture still leaving the sauce a bit chunky. Can be made a few days in advance.
Air Fryer Method
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes at 375°F. Place the chicken wings in a single layer. Cook for 22 to 25 minutes, removing the basket and shaking it twice in between, about every 8 minutes. Now increase the heat to 400°F and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Wine: a crisp sauvignon blanc, dry rose, a medium red body wine like an Italian Barolo.
- Beer: as light as a Modelo or go big with hazy IPA.