Curry pumpkin lentil soup is simple, nutrient packed, and highly addictive. The lentils are simmered in aromatics of ginger and garlic with the sweet flavors of curry flair with just a hint of spice finished in a rich coconut broth!
- Not only is this soup bursting with savory flavors it is also a powerhouse packed with nutrients and anti-inflammatories.
- The soup takes 30 minutes from start to finish.
- If you don’t like coconut milk whisk in a scoop of yogurt or cream at the end for added creaminess.
- Blend half of the soup with an immersion blender for thicker consistency.
- Most importantly be sure to add a squeeze of fresh lime juice for garnishing. It really brings out the flavors.
- Chili oil adds a nice flavor as a topping. If you don’t have any on hand Christine Benlafquih has a simple recipe here.
- If you’ve never made it before click here for an easy recipe from.
Curry Pumpkin Lentil Soup
- 1 cup red split lentils
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp MSA's curry powder
- 1 15 oz pumpkin, canned
- 3 cups water or broth
- 1 15 oz coconut milk light or full fat
- salt to taste
- cilantro, toasted pumpkin seeds, fresh lime, and chili oil for garnishing optional
- In a medium stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté about 6 minutes, until nearly soft. Add salt to taste.
- Add garlic/ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in all spices and saute for 30 seconds.
- Stir/whisk in pumpkin, coconut milk and lentils. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to low simmer; simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until lentils are soft, but not mushy. Again add salt accordingly.
- Stir in coconut milk adjust seasonings accordingly. Add fresh lime juice. Garnish with cilantro, pumpkin seeds, and chili oil (optional).
Wine/Beer Pairing Recommendations:
- Pair with a light dry rose or a Viognier or even something a little sweeter like Riesling.
- Pair with a light beer such as hefeweizen or a pale ale.
2 replies on “The Best Curry Pumpkin Lentil Soup”
I can’t wait to make this!
I can’t wait for you to taste it! Let me know what you think!