This curry roasted vegetable and lentil salad is a great way to use whatever vegetables you are wanting to clean out from the fridge with a savory twist! We have been in quarantine for a few weeks now and avoiding going to the grocery store. I had some vegetables starting to make a turn for the worst and decided to roast them in a hurry curry style!
Mix a little olive oil, salt/pepper, curry powder, and a little chili powder for a kick. Pour over vegetables and roast! Easy!
Vegetables: bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, jalapeno peppers, and leftover roasted beets.
Greens: I used a spring lettuce mix, but any leafy green will due (spinach, kale, arugula).
Herbs: I used cilantro and mint to balance the heat from jalapenos
Add-Ins: I used leftover green lentils for protein, silvered almonds for crunch, and naturally had to toss in my pickled onions!
Dressing: My curry tahini dressing is magnificent with the salad. I built the flavor profile around the dressing. Don’t cheat yourself, treat yourself by making it!
Toss in a bowl and serve!
Savory’s Tips and Tricks
- Cheese is optional, however I like to use feta or goat cheese.
- The salad is diverse and just about any vegetable would go well (Roasted cauliflower, peas, fava beans, etc.).
Serve it with a flatbread (lavash, pita, or even naan).
Pair it with a dry rose or white wine or even a Lambrusco (light sweet Italian wine)!
Please leave your comments below! Don’t forget to take a photo if you make this recipe and be sure to tag me on insta or FB. It makes me so happy when you all make my recipes!
Pin this for later!
Curry Roasted Vegetable and Lentil Salad
- 4 cups greens spinach, arugula, kale, or mixed greens
- 1-2 cups vegetables carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers, cubed/peeled sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika can use regular but I like the smoky taste
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils I used french green lentils
- 1/2 cup roasted beets I had some leftover in fridge (click here for how to roast beets)
- 1/4 cup goat or feta cheese optional
- 1/4 cup pickled onions optional
- 1-2 tbsp mint/cilantro, finely chopped optional
- 3 tbsp curry tahini dressing see recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray (I like avocado oil spray). Place roasted veggies baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, salt and paprika. Pour dressing over the veggies and toss to combine. Roast on the center rack for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Peel the peppers if using. Toss greens in a large salad bowl, roasted veggies, lentils, cheese, herbs, pickled onions, and the dressing.
- Cook lentils according to package
- Make my curry tahini recipe
- Keep dressing on the side to keep the salad for next day