Homemade lavash chips are the best and these ones taste even better with MSA’s tandoori flair! These lavash chips are healthy, easy, and perfect to pair with your favorite dip!
- Lavash bread is an Armenian flat-bread made of only salt, flour, and water that can be found at your local grocery store, trader joes, sprouts, or online via amazon.
- Add a little cayenne pepper to kick up the heat along with the tandoori twist.
- Remember as the chips cool they’ll crisp up more.
- Serve with Tzatziki, raita dip (Indian yogurt dip), guacamole, baba ghanoush, or hummus!
- 2 sheets lavash bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- tandoori twist for seasoning
- salt to taste
- cayenne or chili powder for added heat optional
Avocado Raita (Indian yogurt dip)
- 1 avocado
- 1.5 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt Himalayan or kosher
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, ,minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or fresh jalapeno/serrano minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, freshly squeezed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Brush each top layer of bread with olive oil followed by seasonings. Use scissors or pizza cutter to cut bread into squares/triangles to desired size.
- Place evenly on baking sheet and bake with seasoned side up and bake for 10-12 mins. Let cool 5 minutes and will become crispier. Serve with dip of choice!
- Mash the avocado in medium mixing bowl and add all other ingredients. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings according to taste. Serve with tandoori lavash chips!
- Serve with your favorite dip!
- Store in sealed container for a week!
- Lavash bread is sacred in Armenia as it symbolizes life; prosperity, wisdom and in marriage customs is seen as a sign of fertility! In 2014 UNESCO even included lavash in the list of Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- Lavash bread is the longest-lasting bread in the world—It can be dried out for up to one year then just rehydrate with a little water and ready to go!