This post contains affiliate links.
Peanut butter and banana is always a deadly combination, however, who would have thought dates? A good friend whipped one up for me for breakfast on vacation and it always stuck with me. Finally, when we had made our homemade peanut butter I’ve been on the peanut butter banana date smoothie making train!
Did you know the health benefits of dates?
- High in fiber good for digestive health–(keeps you regular).
- High in antioxidants that aid in fighting off disease that includes COVID.
- Studies have found evidence that dates may contribute to good brain health (could always use more brainpower).
- A natural sweetener that aids in controlling blood sugars.
Simply dates, banana, almond milk, coffee, cinnamon, homemade peanut butter, and flax seeds blended together to make one powerful start to your day! Corona what? Corona who? Corona I don’t care—-I’m moving!
Vitamix is our first choice.
Ninja also gets the job done.
Savory’s Tips & Tricks
- Don’t drink coffee, leave it out.
- Substitute almond milk with your preferred choice (regular, oat, soy, coconut, etc.).
- Add in chia seeds.
- Add in shredded coconut flakes.
Pin this for later! Share your comments below! I’d love to hear how you made your Peanut Butter Banana Date Smoothie or just what your favorite smoothie!
Peanut Butter Banana Date Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 5 dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp peanut butter homemade or store-bought
- 1 tbsp flax seed use chia seeds or combo
- 1/4 cup coffee, room temp
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
- 1/4-1/2 cup almond milk milk of choice
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Throw ingredients into blender full speed ahead and serve immediately. Garnish with hemp seeds for added nutrition and looks. Enjoy.
- Substitute almond milk with soy, cashew, coconut, oat, regular…
- Add in shredded coconut.
- Don’t like coffee, skip it–Just add in more milk for consistency.